Central London London UK
One of the most beautiful boats on the river. This 70ft/21m Dutch Barge has housed a family of four on London's waterways for many happy years.
The boat was built for continuous cruising and has all the systems you need. She's the perfect size for rivers and broad canals and has cruised the Thames, Medway, Swale, Regents, Grand Union, Lee and Stort and has even crossed the channel (for those wanting to cruise Europe's waterways).
She is moored in Brentford on a transferable residential mooring.
Hoping to sell her to someone who loves her as much as we do!
|Vessel type:||Dutch Barge|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||21.2m|
|Hull type:||Flat bottomed|
|Fuel capacity:||350 Litres|
A classic 1944 Bolinder diesel engine that has been 100% reliable and regularly maintained.
Externally she looks as she would have when she was built (1923) complete with bronze portholes, original lines and traditional deck boards.
Her hull is in good condition having been extensively over-plated in 2012. She has bilge keels that add stability in rougher seas and estuaries.
Internally she includes:
- a spacious aft cabin with a double bed, sink and tons of storage space
- an easily collapsable wheelhouse, perfect to read (and steer) in.
- an engine room containing a classic 1944 Bolinder diesel engine that has been 100% reliable and regularly maintained.
- an open-plan Galley and lounge with lots of light and bespoke joinery, an opening side hatch
- a beautifully tiled bathroom with toilet, full bath and shower
- a double cabin with two wardrobes
- a converted forecastle where the kids sleep complete with 6 portholes and an opening roof for the summer
In terms of systems she has:
- Dual diesel boiler and log fired stove system, meaning you can run all your radiators off the log burner in the front room - or switch to diesel boiler for overnight or convenience complete with thermostat
- Solar panel and wind turbine (the latter needs servicing)
- Pump out toilet
- Dual 12volt and 240v system so you can switch to low energy use when cruising and still keep the basics running
- VHF, nav lights and anchor for cruising
- Washing machine, gas cooker, fridge, freezer
- Separate diesel tanks for heating and engine
- Battery charger, inverter, galvanic isolator.