river lee London UK|
- Beautiful light and spacious family home in East :London
- 62ft x 10ft2
- Motorschip built 1916 Rotterdam canal/river barge. Upper converted 1950s
- Leyland Daf DA475 engine (recently serviced)
- BSC until Feb 2016
- Space double bedrooms, large wheelhouse kitchen / dining room with bespoke oak kitchen, spacious living room, shower / bathroom with porta-potti, loads of storage (potential small additional bedroom with a little work).
- Huge flat roof terrace with railings.
- Solid fuel burner heating
- 1200L water tank.
- Steel hull and cabin (entirely new steel on bottom in 2007 - 10mm thick bottom plate, and 6mm plate for curved sides)
- Blacking needs doing this year, small amount of exterior paintwork to complete (paints are on board).
- Can cruise southern canals and as far as Birmingham, rivers and coastal waterways, would cross channel on a fine day with a larger vessel.
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Leyland DAF DA475|
|Length over all:||19m|
|Hull type:||Flat bottom|
|Dry Weight:||37 metric tons|
|Water capacity:||1200 Litres|
Fire damaged the windows are boarded up. Temporary kitchen and one bedroom/living room with SPACE FOR ANOTER.
Built in 1916 as working barge in Rotterdam. Wheelhouse and front cabin houseboat conversion completed in 1950s by previous owner who was marine engineer.
We replaced all steel on hull up to 25 cm above water line in Dutch boatyard in 2007 when we bought her. New steel is 10mm bottom plate and 6mm on the curves.
Insulated with foamspray below gunwale, rockwool above. Lined throughout, bespoke oak kitchen and oak features.
Needs blacking this summer and small amount of exterior paintwork (paints included).
Leyland DAF DA 475 - Put in in 2007 to replace former engine that took up entire wheelhouse. Recently serviced and in great condition. Large fuel tanks
Boat Safety Certificate untIL May 2025.
Fire extinguishers and blankets mounted according to recent Boat Safety Certificate.
External gas lockers.
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.