|Tax Status:||Tax Paid|
Hackney London UK|
‘Mehalah’, Spencer 57’, steel, built in 1989.
Mehalah is a lovely trad stern narrowboat with a light and pared-back interior, ready to live aboard straight away.
• Entry into the boat at bow (gas locker and water tank at bow), step down into front seating area with Morso Multi fuel burner. Space for wood/coal store, hanging coats/ storage.
Engineered beautiful oak flooring throughout. New hardwood tongue and groove cladding throughout.
• Through into galley kitchen with gas oven with hob, 12v fridge, combination boiler, wooden work-tops with large ceramic butler sink, under-counter drawers and food storage. Windows both sides.
• Open through to lounge/ seating area. Skylight window above open plan area for furniture to use
as space required (we had a desk with a chair, a small sofa and side tables with book shelves) but versatile for your needs.
Large sliding hatch window with view out to river. At the end of this space the previous owners have had a beautiful bespoke wardrobe made to fit, with hanging rail behind panelled sliding doors and 4 spacious drawers underneath.
• Sliding door through to bathroom with Japanese deep ’soaking tub’, shower with large rain head and small removable handheld shower head, toilet (pump out), and butler sink wash basin.
Tiled floor and shower walls in large off white matt Mexican tiles.
Window with frosted glass.
Hardwood has been left unpainted but oiled to protect from water.
• Through another sliding door into the cosy bedroom with a built-in double bed with ample storage space underneath, a window to the river and a skylight window.
• Access to the engine bay from the bedroom through a wooden hatch door.
2 x portholes in engine room with brass trims.
• Vetus Diesel engine. 3 x Leisure Batteries, x 1 Starter.
• Port side windows are all newly installed double glazed top hopper style.
Starboard are all newly installed single glazed with slide opening to river views. All are trimmed in bespoke hardwood frames.
• 3x Solar Panels (approx 750W total)
The previous owners completely renovated the living area of the boat in 2017. They stripped back the interior to its steel shell, and re-insulated it with a professionally applied spray foam. The interior has been relined with hardwood Meranti tongue and groove cladding. The previous owners also had new windows made and installed, electrics rewired entirely from the inverter (12v/240v), and new bathroom/ plumbing put in. The pump out toilet remains as the original. They have kept a record of everything they had made/ installed in 2017.
Mehalah has sockets/USB ports and lights in considered positions for living within the space. We can relay to the new owner in detail about the works and exactly where wires and internal pipes etc all run which is useful for any future amendments or fixing required.
• Last surveyed in August 2015 by a highly respected marine engineer.
• Recently Blacked Hull (March 2021) Anodes in great condition (replaced June 2016).
• Engine serviced (March 2021) , oil replaced, and new oil and fuel filters fitted
• Boat safety certificate valid until February 2022.
MOORING & MARINA:
Mehalah is moored by Leyton Marsh as part of Springfield Marina.This leisure mooring is transferable at the discretion of Springfield Marina to the new berth holder.
There is a good space on the towpath to put seats and have a fire pit/ bbqs. Perfect for summer drinks and eating outside, and with good views of the river. It is very peaceful, set within the Walthamstow Marshes Nature Reserve (a Site of Special Scientific Interest) and Walthamstow Wetlands (the largest urban wetland nature reserve in Europe) is a short walk away through the marshes. Lovely community of the boats moored here, relaxed atmosphere and friendly neighbours.
Being part of Springfield Marina which is a short cruise or walk up river, provides access to all the facilities, water point, pump out, diesel, gas, fuel and elsan disposal. Newly built shower block, toilets and laundrette. Also has a bar/community space, bike racks and on site chandlery. It is opposite Springfield Park, with its two cafes.
The mooring has excellent transport links into central London with Overground stations nearby, Clapton and Lea bridge, both approx 10 mins walk. It is within walking distance of Chatsworth Road shops and Sunday market, Hackney, Stoke Newington and Walthamstow.
Annual mooring fee for 2020/2021 is £4593.60 or £382.80 per month.
Please note, there will be a transfer fee due to the marina upon purchase - this is 10% of the purchase price, and is paid by the buyer.
Thanks for looking!
|No. of engines:||1|
|Length over all:||57'|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.