40FT all steel widebeam houseboat
I am reluctantly selling my lovely, shallow draft 40 Ft steel widebeam houseboat, which was my home for a couple of years. My circumstances have now changed and it is a shame not be able to use her on a regular basis any more, hence selling her.
She is a lovely, all steel boat, can be used on the canals or on the Thames. Her air draft is approximately 2.35 meters depending on the load.
She is bespoke and was professionally built, resulting in a great, spacious layout suitable for a couple or a small family living on board or as a holiday home.
About her layout:
- Forward cabin- master bedroom with under bed storage, hanging wardrobe and fitted cupboards.
- Wheelhouse including kitchen and gallery with freestanding cooker, 12v fridge/freezer and butler sink with hot and cold water from a duel fuel water heater (Malaga 5). There are sliding doors on both sides.
- Living room- fitted sofa with storage, opposite a large wood-burner (squirrel). There is also a writing desk suitable for a home office.
- Ceramic macerator toilet connected to pump out tank.
- Shower- Tiled shower room opposite toilet
- Rear living room/second bedroom with twin 3 seater sofabeds and central table. Cabinets and shelves on the walls.
- Rear deck- covered bench seating area accessed from the rear living room via a sliding door.
The large roof area is equipped with twin solar panels mounted on large storage boxes creating a 400watt array and decking area.
The boat comes with 12volt lighting and 240v sockets throughout and a large leisure battery bank.
There is a blown air central heating system to bedroom, kitchen and lounge, keeping the boat nice and cosy all winter long.
The engine is a 3 cylinder, well maintained diesel engine with low running hours.
This is a lovely boat with a great shape and a practical layout.
Please ring Ron to arrange a viewing
|Vessel type:||widebeam barge|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||40'|
|Fuel capacity:||150 Litres|
|Water capacity:||500 Litres|
|Holding tank capacity:||200 Litres|
fixed double in forward cabin and 3x sofa beds other rooms on the boat. Sleeps 5
Well built steel boat.
gas/electric water heater (propex), gas electric cabin heater (propex)- both installed by a marine gas engineer. Gas freestanding cooker.
12 volt system
240volt system Sockets in every room
Timray inboard diesel, low hours and serviced annually
fire blanket, fire extinguisers
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.